Equine General Surgery
Warren House Veterinary Centre performs hundreds of surgeries on horses every year including standing surgery were the patient is on its feet and surgery under General anaesthesia. Standing surgeries are normally performed in the practice stocks while any condition requiring general anaesthesia is performed in the practices equine operating theatre. It should be noted that on many frequently perform surgery out in the field at the owners yard or stables most commonly for castrations and sarcoid removals.
At Warren House Veterinary Centre we have the following surgical facilities:
- Padded Knockdown Box
- Equine/Large Animal Operating Table
- Equine gas anaesthetic machine
- Anaesthetic Monitoring equipment- blood pressure, ECG, Pulse Oximeter
- Large Double stocks for Standing Surgery
- Arthroscope- for joint surgery eg chip removal,septic joints
- Laparoscope - for ovary removal and standing rig surgeries
- Digital X-Rays
At Warren house Veterinary Centre we perform many surgeries every year, these include but are not limited to:
- Castrations (standing and knockdown)
- Removal of sarcoids and tumours
- Abominal surgery including removal of abdominal testicles (rig Surgery) removal of infected umbilicus and Colic Surgery.
- Dental surgery including Wolf teeth and Cheek Tooth removal.
- Orthopaedic surgeries including OCD chip removal, septic joints, angular limb surgery in foals.
- Removal of ovaries for behavioural problems and tumours of ovaries.
- Arthroscopy surgery.
- Laparoscopic surgery.
- Reproductive surgery- perineal laceration repair, pouret procedure, caesarian sections.
GET IN TOUCH
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Consultations by Appointment Only
We provide a friendly personal and professional service, with our OWN 24 hour, 7 day a week emergency cover.
This Out of Hours service is for registered clients only.
Phone: 01543 373033
Fax: 01543 375852
Lichfield Road, Brownhills, West Midlands WS8 6LS